Wednesday 27 January 2016

The Crochet Diaries (part 1)

Since being back at university, I have been surprised at how full on and busy my life has become. Lectures seem to be how I spend most of my days now, and being in bed at half past 9 is now a regular occurrence. 
Yet in between the learning and the sleeping
(yep - that's pretty much it) of course I've found time for my favourite creative activity - crochet.
I love crocheting. Not only is it stress relieving and relaxing in itself, but once you learn the stitches it becomes relatively simple and the list of different items you can make is endless! I've never been very good at my time management and balance, and often I find that rather than having to force myself to work, I have to remind myself that I need a break every now and then. Crochet is a great wind-down hobby to get into. Often I will crochet just before I go to bed, as a way of relaxing and switching off my mind after a day of hustling and bustling around. 
My biggest crochet project that I had been working on (a daisy blanket for my bed - post to follow) but recently that has been put on hold as I have been busy making various different crochet items for my friends. I am visiting Nepal this summer for 3 weeks, and decided that a fun way to fundraise for this trip would be to crochet items for my friends in exchange for donations towards my trip. 

-mum and baby elephant-

elephant finger puppet








The patterns I have been using are sadly not my own and so I cannot post the instructions. Yet what I can do is post pictures of the items I have made. 
Although they may look time consuming, each project doesn't take too long to make (of course, size depending) 
I have a long list of other animals and objects to make for my friends, so watch this space for further crochet items. And if anyone is interested and wants something crocheted for them in exchange for a donation, then please don't hesitate to contact me. 
I'm currently crocheting an R2D2 for my friend, which I should probably get back to making now. Watch this space guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment